Wednesday, April 19, 2017

MY NAME IS WESLEY


My name is Wesley Hogue and I want to share my story with you.
My childhood was a lot like many others. I had an amazing family and was surrounded by a community of people who cared about me. I was also sexually abused.
As a survivor, I am committed to sharing my story in the hope that through increased awareness, more children can be protected from sexual abuse. Throughout the month of April, in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month, I'll be sharing my experience on the Darkness to Light Facebook page. My story is just one example of the tremendous impact that abuse has on a child that can last into adulthood. Watch the video below for a preview:

Wesley April Teaser Video

The message from Darkness to Light is a hopeful one. Prevention is possible. They know that when adults are trained to protect kids, they will. And when entire communities are trained, we can cause a culture shift that can protect children everywhere.
Despite my personal experience, I still have hope that children can be protected. I hope you'll join me in showing that you are committed to prevention by downloading the "I Make Prevention Possible" selfie sign,sharing with your social media circles, and following Darkness to Light on Facebook.
Thank you for all that you do to protect children everywhere.
Sincerely,
Wesley Hogue

No comments:

Post a Comment